The search warrant requirement delineated in the 4th amendment of the United States Constitution is one of our most sacred constitutional rights.
This Training Update provides answers to the following 12 core search warrant questions:
- What is the legal standard for issuing a search warrant?
- What is the standard for issuing a “no knock” warrant?
- What is the standard for authorizing a “nighttime search”?
- What kind of peace officer can execute a search warrant?
- What type of crime must be involved for a search warrant?
- Who has jurisdiction to issue a search warrant?
- Who must sign the application for a search warrant?
- Who does the judge actually issue the search warrant to?
- Once a search warrant is issued how quickly must it be executed?
- When executed who gets copies of the search warrant?
- Once executed what must be returned to the issuing court?
- What is the standard for obtaining a telephonic search warrant?
For a print ready copy of this search warrant update click here